4/6/22

 放走小鸽子一段时间了。今天趁公司一个小小写作比赛,凑一下热闹。😏

Helping the vulnerable at the point of death has been one of the most empowering experiences during pandemic. I have never come across my mind to keep any pets at home. I do not want the weight of responsibility crushes me. However, one day, I found 2 wounded baby pigeons outside my balcony. One of them was at the edge of death. I took them in and called veterinaries in Penang Island but seems none of them can help. They are not avian expert. Furthermore, it was a lock down period, nobody really wants to render helps. With a heavy darkness in my heart, I whispered to myself: why not you step out to take care of them? 

Empowerment can come at a price. It’s been a real baptism of fire. I’ve been asked, what to do when you are in this situation? One foot of the other, one minute at a time you see them almost dying and don’t know what to do? Really grateful with the advance of social media where I can search all information to take care wounded pigeons. I imitated all steps and instructions like a real veterinarian.  During the fostering period, many times they nearly die but each time I told myself “Don’t give up”!     The most challenging part was when they learned to fly, they have legs issue. They broke the legs and can’t walk well. I need to act as surgeon this time to heal them.  I struggled and prayed for miracles.  I finally manage to restore their life and made them walk properly. They grow healthily and happily. When I decided to release them back to nature, I have a good ugly cry. It gets heavy but I am gratifying as they empowered me with resiliency and strengthened my never give up spirit.



No comments: